All my routers at home are either on the Tomato firmware or DD-WRT. I’ve set up wireless bridge many times but keep having to google it up as I keep forgetting the exact steps. I’m going to record it now for my reference. The following is taken from here, the V24 build instructions.
- Do a hard 30-30-30 reset. This is a must.
- Enter new admin username and pw when going to 192.168.1.1 in a web browser. Note: Computer must be connected via wired connection. I did not set my computer to static ip.
- Wireless -> Basic Settings. Enter “client bridge” for wireless mode. Enter Mixed for wireless mode (same primary router). Enter the SSID of primary router. Match the channel and width of primary router. SAVE.
- Wireless -> Wireless Security. WPA2, select TKIP+AES. Enter key from primary router. SAVE.
- Setup -> Basic Setup. Connection type disabled, set STP disabled, ip address to be 192.168.1.2 (or 3), mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1 (primary router), 0′s for dns, assign wan to switch. SAVE.
- Security -> Firewall. Type: Router.
- Setup -> Firewall. Uncheck all in “Block WAN Requests” except “Filter Multicast.” Disable SPI. SAVE.
- Administration. SAVE. REBOOT.